Posted on: 30 November 2016
There are really only five top-coats, jackets, and outerwear that any man needs in his winter wardrobe. These will get you from the office to the gym, and from the house to the club with style and resilience. When organizing your closets for cooler weather, make sure to take an inventory of your jackets and coats to be sure you have these five must-have pieces:
- A butter-soft leather. The crown-jewel of your winter closet should be a buttery-soft, lambskin- suede jacket. These are rich and sophisticated, while keeping you warm and protected from winter's elements. Look for classic cuts, simple features, and quality brands to find a leather jacket that will last for years and years, never going out of style.
- A great denim jacket. Every man needs a comfortable and broken-in jean jacket in his closet. These can be layered with other outerwear to create warmth and distinct style when the weather is foul; these also can be dressed-up with a shirt and tie for an event or club. Look for pre-washed jackets from recognized brands for a familiar look and timeless style.
- A stylish windbreaker. Check out thrift stores and clothing consignment boutiques for a cool, classic windbreaker to add to your winter ensembles. Look for styles that offer signs of the 80s, such as stand-up collar, jersey cuffs, and ribbed waist-bands for a jacket that has retro flair and everyday function.
- A navy pea-coat. A warm, wool pea-coat will keep the cold wind and snowflakes at bay, and you will look slick doing it! These are flattering, giving the wearer a long, lean look while keeping them warm and toasty during any type of weather. This should be hanging in your closet year-round for cool nights or foul-weather outings.
- A versatile trench. A quality-made trench coat is one of the most versatile garments that a man can have, and these look great topping a suit or with jeans and a tee. Go with classic taupe, tan, or black styles, and look for traditional belted coats that hit somewhere between the hip and the knee for the most flattering length.
Visit online clothiers and retailers, such as Amadeo, to find brand-name options in men's coats, jackets, and outerwear. Look for these five essentials—a leather coat, jean jacket, windbreaker, pea-coat, and trench- to add to your winter wardrobe. These five garments will seamlessly take you anywhere you need to go, while doing it in style.Share